Monday, June 11, 2007

Blog Milestone

Can you believe that this is my 100th post?!? As with most bloggers, I wasn't sure if I would enjoy this activity or if I would have anything to write about. I started blogging last September to try it out and find that I still really enjoy writing about my quilting activities and also reading the quilting blogs I have discovered since then. A big thank you to all of you out there in blogland who read these posts and send me messages full of encouragement and ideas!
I had a fun time at a meeting of the "Sew 'n Sews" on friday. This is a group of 4 quilters who get together whenever we can, to chat and sew. We worked on a plan to make a quilt to donate to the New Hamburg Mennonite Quilt Auction next year. We agreed that we will not purchase any new fabric for this quilt since we all have "stash overflow" problems. This is a test block - a butterfly block pattern by Camille Remme. We figured out that if we alternate a charm block with a butterfly block we each have to make 20 blocks. I spent most of the time cutting scraps for these blocks. One quilter was sewing an Elinor Peace Bailey bag, one made pillowcases with firefighter fabrics for her grandson, and the other quilter worked on piecing her Paris Flea Market quilt. We will all check our stashes and pull out fabrics for the butterflies, any colours for the wings/body and light background fabrics for our next meeting.

8 comments:

May Britt said...

Happy blogiversary. Your butterfly block is so cute.

Kim West said...

Happy bloggiversary!!

The Crafts House said...

Well done..I hope I reach 100 blogs, I have only just started!I love the butterfly block

Greenmare said...

congratulations on 100!
I love the butterfly block!

Jeanne said...

Happy 100th! I'm happy to have 'met' you through blogging and always enjoy reading your posts. The butterfly block is really cute.

swooze said...

Happy 100th!

Sweet P said...

Happy 100th post. Isn't blogging fun? I like the butterfly quilt.

Quilting Kim said...

Hey Kathy, Happy 100th. Who would have thought that we would have so much to say? I look forward to reading you next 100 posts, too. The butterfly looks great.