Friday, November 02, 2007

I survived Halloween

I was delighted to finish my son's costume in time for his class party. Here are the three musketeers! (My son is on the right).
He was happy with how the costume turned out so I was relieved! They each had the same big blue feather in their hats. I don't know where that sword came from that my son has in this photo...not from our house!
And here is my little Molly in her Santa costume...isn't she just the cutest?!?! She doesn't like dress up, so she quickly wiggled out of it.

My mother-in-law is making some progress in hospital. She has been transferred to the rehab floor, where she is driving the nurses (and me) crazy with demanding to go home. Visits are very trying. I have been taking my hand embroidery along, and because the room is dimly lit, I also take my Ott light. This is block #4 which is only partially finished. Instead of appliquing the hearts on the top block, I did a buttonhole stitch on the edges and like how it looks. I have a bit still to stitch on #4 and I have block #5 ready to stitch.
To see Darlene's Journey of a Quilter project click here. She did a wonderful job on her quilt and it is inspiring to see her quilt top already finished!


6 comments:

Andrea said...

The costumes turned out really well. You did a great job. Block 4 is so pretty. Is this a block-of-the-month ? I have admired Darlenes quilt before and it is beautiful !

Jeanne said...

I'm glad you have your Journey of a Quilter to work on while at the hospital. Molly is too cute as Santa and the guys look great in their costumes, too.

Darlene said...

Great looking costumes. :-)

I'm glad that you're working on your Quilter's Journey while you're spending time with your Mom at the hospital. And, it's looking superb. You'll have it finished before you know it.

Wendy said...

Nice costumes you finished. Puppy is especially cute.

Great you are working on some embroidery while visiting at the hospital. You'll be finished before you know it.

May Kristin said...

I can see you did a good job on the costume! I understand why your son was happy about it!
How wonderful that you can sit and stitch a little when go to see your MIL. Hope she's still recovering.

Carole said...

Oh... I didn't know you were doing the Quilter's Journey! I still have mine unwrapped! It's turning out sweet! Are you using your own fabric or is this a kit? Sorry to read about your MIL. Hope she is well soon! Keep well!