Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sewing step #4

I have been sewing my 120 HST (half square triangle) blocks for step #4. I like using the Angler 2 for this kind of a job. The only thing I don't like about it is when I run out of bobbin thread and have to take it off the machine to get out the bobbin, and then realign everything. I am happy with not having to draw the diagonal lines, and the accuracy is fairly good. I did square up each HST to 3 1/2" to make sure the blocks fit well with the 4 patches.
I now have finished sewing all the HST's and here is my first block. I think it looks quite masculine.
One block done, 29 more to go!

8 comments:

SueR said...

What a different look with a planned color scheme for your blocks--it looks great!

Amanda said...

What a great block - you're right, it does look masculine which could be really useful as so many quilts look rather pretty-pretty and to have one as a gift for a man could be good. I'm not sure what an Angler 2 is - something else for me to investigate.

scraphappy said...

I can see why your quilts turn out so well, your work is very precise. Nice colors on the quilt, very different from the others I have seen.

Anonymous said...

When I saw the block, the first word that came to my mind was "professional" and not masculine. Looks like something a well groomed, well dressed, professional woman would have on her bed. Beautiful.

Jeanne said...

I think it looks terrific! Any ideas what the quilt will look like?

swooze said...

Love it! I just bought red, white and black fabric to make a Dorothy Young mystery.

Andrea said...

It looks great Kathy. You're making me wish I started this - never too late I suppose - lol !

Becky said...

I've used the Angler 2 also. It saves time.

What size did you suce your squares for Step 4 ? I'm great at following directions, but not figuring the math to do a step a differnt way. Your block looks good. I haven't begun Step 4 yet.