Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back to quilting

This is the fabric that I sent to the winners of my little contest from this post. My thanks to the winners - Mary Jo in Iowa, Sharon in Pennsylvania, and Deanna in Trout Creek, Ontario. All the squishies have already arrived safe and sound...I hope you can find a use for these fabrics. The top fabric is one of my favorite Kaffe Fassette fabrics in the Paperweight line, and the bottom fabric is just a happy colour to go with it.
Yesterday I had more company come to visit and spent the whole day...yes, the entire day shopping (to the market and then the grocery store), and cooking/baking. I finished the last salad just as the company arrived. I told my very appreciative family that doing all that work reminded me of why I love quilting so much. If I would have spent the whole day quilting, I would have accomplished something that would still be here 50 years in the future. However, what I accomplished yesterday in 8 hours of work was almost completely gone in 30 minutes!! Oh well, as much as I love quilting, I must not starve my family!!!!
I have made some progress with my Criss Cross quilt. I put the dark sashing fabric all around the outside and then added a green border. I just love this green fabric from Nancy Halvorsen's William's Inn line.
Now I am pin basting the quilt. I
have picked out a thread for the machine quilting...a King Tut varigated thread, which goes through my machine without ever breaking, no matter how fast I quilt! I am looking forward to some relaxing machine quilting...which will be much more fun than working in the kitchen all day!!

1 comment:

sewnut said...

Kathy, I really love the prints you are using in your Criss Cross quilt. I think you have been doing projects much bigger than mini lately.

You are so right about cooking, laundry, weeding, all these time stealers leave nothing to show for themselves pretty quickly. Those tasks are only done for the love of our family....