Monday, April 26, 2010

Design Wall Monday #17

It's Monday already! I'm telling you, that last week flew by at the speed of light!
I didn't do much quilting, and I can tell by how relaxed I don't feel!
However,  I did manage to get the scrappy sashings on (and am delighted with how much of my stash I cleared out) and I got the rows sewn together on my "Fox and Geese" blocks from Bonnie Hunter's mystery last year. I have decided that this will be a comfort quilt donation and it is already big enough for that purpose, so I'm just going to put on a border (yes...I'm going to do it quickly and not put it in the closet first!). The fabric I bought at the shop hop is too much of a yellowy green and doesn't look right to me with these blocks, so I'm digging through the stash to look for something else.
I'm tired of this quilt sitting around here bugging me so I'm tempted to throw it in the closet and work on something else that is more fun, but I won't!

17 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Kathy, I finally got a chance to explore your blog. Boy, I was awed! You are one busy quilter. I enjoyed your projects and was amazed at all you get done on a quilt retreat. The teal bargello while boring to sew was awesome when put together. Thanks for sharing in blogland.

swooze said...

I think it looks sparkly...pink is an option!

Susan said...

It is a lovely quilt. I like the soft pinks and green........ Looks like spring.

It is hard to stick with something that you have worked on for a long time. Perseverance pays off in the long run.

Melinda said...

Nice quilt - I love the colors. Glad you are going to finish it soon.

Heather said...

I vote 'no' to the closet. I want to see how this story (oops, I mean quilt) ends.

julieQ said...

I really like it! I need to get my blocks set together, thank you for the idea.

Lori said...

Banishing to the closet...Yes, sometimes I am guilty of that!

Good for you for sticking with it!

scraphappy said...

It is amazing how so much work can go into something and then it can be completely forgotten when it gets put neatly away. I guess that is a good reason to keep everything out in the open where you can see it.

Joan said...

Beautiful quilt - Hope it doesnt make it back to the closet

Laurie said...

I love green and pink together!

Ivani said...

Hope you find some fabric for the borders and put this quilt to the done list. Love the colors, it is for sure a beautiful quilt.
hugs

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!

Diane said...

you can finish it!! It looks wonderful and will be a great comfort quilt! Hope you get some relaxing sewing time in this week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful top! I love the greens and pinks together! Can't wait to see it finished.

Mary Johnson said...

It's gorgeous, definitely finish at least the top before putting it in the closet. My tops tend to hang out there for a while before being quilted.

Allyson said...

This is an awesome quilt! I love your colors you chose. What a great pattern for using up all those monochromatic scraps. It would be gorgeous in batiks too. Oh, my mind is reeling with ideas. Thanks for sharing it, as well as the source for the pattern.

Mavis said...

Gorgeous! Love your colours. I'm just finishing my off. I'm doing quilt as you go because I want it to finish off at a King and there's no way I'm wrestling with that baby on my domestic!