Monday, January 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday #5

Today is the last design wall post for January. On my 5 January design wall blog posts, I showed 6 different projects, and none of them are nearing completion. Let's just say I am generating UFO's for next year's UFO list.
I just love what is on my design wall this week!
On the right there are rows of black and white 4 patches for our group quilt. It must get to the quilters asap to be ready in time for this year's quilt auction in May, so I have to stop procrastinating those borders!
On the top left is my 12" block for Jo's Quilt Square Quilt Along. I am using up the Sweetwater scraps from my Quiltmaker mystery that I finished in December (click here to see that quilt). 
I just love my first block! There will be 12 blocks made over the year, a new one posted each month, and at the end of the year I plan to make my blocks into a sampler quilt.
To see other blocks, hop over to Jo's blog where she's hosting a linky party.
On the bottom left of my design wall is another 12" block from my 100 blocks magazine (vol. #4). This block is called "Times Nine" by Jo Morton. It was so fun to sew! I love how each block looks different depending on the placement of the light, medium and dark fabrics. Most of the fabrics are civil war reproductions. I don't know what I will do with this block and just made it for fun. For now, I am just admiring it on my design wall!
To see other design walls, hop over to Judy's blog.

25 comments:

Deb A said...

Love the projects in process! The log cabin is lovely and great idea to make a sampler quilt at the end of the year with it. I just love that last block... is it really 12 inches finished? Love the civil war repo's - very striking.

Dresden Quilter said...

They are all fabulous!

Conni said...

Love the Sweetwater fabrics. Congrats on your January finish!

Jo said...

Oh..love Sweetwater. I used some of my Morris and Company Scraps for the February block...I want have the last little quilt you made on my list of to-dos. Yours looks great!

Darlene said...

I LOVE everything on your design wall, too. I tried to pick a favorite and just couldn't do it. LOL

Cathy said...

I love the colour combination in the log cabin block. I'll have to put that into my ideas bin. I have lots of stuff in those colours. Hmmmmmmmm.......

Judy D in WA said...

Your design wall looks so fun! I love everything!
I love the Times Nine block. I think I need at least one of those.

Linda in Calif. said...

I just love what is on your design wall too! I love the log cabin block. Such pretty fabrics!!

Mary said...

OH No! I see another project in my future. Can't get enough of my Civil War Fabrics. Only a few more months until the next 100 Blocks issue comes out. I'll need to clear the walls off for that. I have too many projects marinating on there. Glad you do too! I'm in great company.

AnnieO said...

Good stuff here! Love your new projects. Sweetwater is so pretty and the Jo Morton blocks yummy.

Rhonda said...

All your project are great. I especially like the quilt along block. Those diagonal squares really set the block off!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Love the quilt square in those blue and browns, so pretty.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love what's on your design wall too. Great inspiration! xo

Cathy Tomm said...

Looks good. You have so much on the go.

Diane said...

oh love all your stuff on the wall---it's reminding me of my wall....great minds think alike and all that!

Merilyn said...

All your projects look wonderful! I have recently made a small quilt using the Times Nine blocks, they are so versatile, and as you say look quite different depending of the fabric placement!!! The log cabin is a beauty too!!!

Quilt Rat said...

Love em all!!!!........so does this mean we won't be seeing these finished when you come to visit in March???? :-)

Ellen said...

I really like your design wall too!

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing your log cabin block, but I especially love your black and white checkerboard.

Kate said...

The block with the Sweetwater scraps is gorgeous! The other two projects look great too. Lots of fun stuff on your design wall.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love your color choices. The Sweetwater scraps look wonderful in the log cabin block! ~Jeanne

Denise :) said...

I love the "Pure" line -- it's so fun in your 12" block, too! Lots of lovely things here today! :)

Janet O. said...

All of your projects are great, but I especially love the Times Nine block--all those little pieces! And I love the colors!

Béa said...

Love the Sweetwater fabrics, your quilt square is very beautiful.
Times Nine too.
But I love all what you made...even if I don't comment each post. XXX

Bonnie said...

Wow you've got a lot of new stuff out. And, it's all fun. Love the turquoise/brown/beige color combination.