Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring has sprung!

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In and lots of sewing was enjoyed around the world. You can read about the fun on the blogs that signed up - click here. At my place we celebrated FNSI by working on a group project, using up lots of pretty scraps to make a wallhanging. This was my friend Barbara's idea and we had lots of fun working on it together. 
More good news...
I am so happy that the birds are back in town! I always post a photo on my blog of my first robin sighting of the year - here is the post from 2 years ago. They seem to be here about a week earlier this year. I really miss the birds and always look forward to their return when the weather warms up. 
And that's not all the good news...

it is also St. Patrick's Day AND National Quilt Day! The NQA has a free pattern on their website - click here. And here is another great free pattern by Denise to celebrate the day - click here.  Click here for another fun post to read with free pattern links and ideas for celebrations. Pat Sloan is having a fun linky party to celebrate the day - click here to join in .
With all these reasons to celebrate, make sure you have a great day!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is going to be a very fun wall hanging! Colorful and crazy!!
I just took a photo of my first robin sighting today, too. Encouraging, since we are expecting snow tonight!

Sheila said...

I can't wait to see your progress on the blue batik and Kaffe Fassett project! It's going to be awesome!
Beautiful blue and green quilt in your banner, too.

Amy said...

Ah Kathy! It's been far too long since I've visited......SO MANY fun posts you've have recently! LOVE the Seuss quilt; and the Rainbow Scrap blocks will be fun to see come together.

Yeah to the robin :0)

Nancy said...

It looks like you had a fun and successful FNSI. I love the wall hanging.

Karen said...

Sounds like a fun FNSI! Love the vibrant colors of your wall hanging.

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely work! I really like those colours|

Donna Baker said...

looks like that will be a great group quilt - pretty! came over from FNSI

Ellen said...

Looks like another fun and successful FNSI!