Monday, April 02, 2012

Design Wall Monday #14 - Blogger Bingo

Time for piecing was almost non-existent this past week.  I was working on my Kaffe Konfetti, and machine quilting my March UFO (which is one side of binding away from being finished!)
But I did have a chance to make my charm square Bingo card so that I can play Blogger Bingo during the month of May.  It was harder than I thought it might be to find 25 little images to cut to the same size. You should have seen me sitting on the floor, with piles of fabric all around me, searching for the right coloured images to fussy cut.
I cut my squares at 2" because that seemed to be the average size of the pictures on my charm squares, so my block finishes at 7.5".
If you would like to play along, hop over to Sharon's blog and see how to make your own card.
Late addition: I forgot to mention that you organize your card by colours - the 'B' column is supposed to be Blue items (but I added black because I didn't have enough blue), the "'I' column is yellow, the 'N' column is red (with a 'free' center, which I made a gift picture), the 'G' column is green, and the 'O' column is purple.
This little bingo block is all alone on my design wall today, but I'm very happy to have made that progress. To see what is on other quilters' design walls today, hop over to Patchwork Times.

12 comments:

Diane said...

that is a very cute bingo card.

Bonnie said...

I am so tempted to do this but that goal list is screaming at me plus the Scrap Squad quilt. I'll think about it after SS#2 is done or at least a top.

Your card is super cute!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy for the Bingo Link - can't wait, it looks like fun!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just love your card! And I like how you adjusted size to use what you have - just super.

The Calico Cat said...

I went to Sharons site (Everyone knows I have enough novelty prints!)

But I don't see how this works...

She had ladybugs - you don't... Quick glance you both have a green frog.

I don't get it...

Teresa F. said...

Very nice Bingo card. Love it.

Janet O. said...

Very cute collection of novelties in your "card". I have so little variety in my novelties--couldn't do a card if I tried. Fun idea!

Angie in SoCal said...

Cute card, Kathy. LOL - I can just see you on the floor with all that fabric around you - something I would do. Is that your practice piece for the FMQ in your header? Wonderful quilting!

AnnieO said...

Very cute card--I have never heard of bingo blocks. I would be hard pressed indeed to come up with motifs like that--seems I don't buy novelty fabrics much!

Chris said...

What a great fabric selection.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute card and you have such great little fabrics in it!! Can't wait for Bingo to start!

Andrea said...

Kathy, did I read recently on your blog that you just got a Brother Serger? If so, what model did you get? I'm doing research before I take the plunge. Thanks so much