Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Civil War Wednesday

I am still on track for my Civil War project goals for June.


This is a scrappy version of block #45 Port and Starboard made with leftover HST's from the previous blocks. It is basically 4 broken dishes blocks sewn together in a different arrangement than I chose for my fall wallhanging.







This is block #46 Apple Tree, which would look more like it's name if I was using any red fabrics in this quilt
This is block # 47 called Dixie Tea, which is symbolic of the variations of tea substitutes during the civil war. I can't imagine my life without tea, which I drink every day!


Only 4 more blocks to sew and I can start figuring out a layout for my quilt! And that means I am one step closer to being able to start (guilt free!) Barbara Brackman's new Block of the Week quilt in September!
I am linking up to the Freshly Pieced "Work in Progress" list...lots of great projects to see there!

8 comments:

AnnieO said...

Oh, so pretty! I like your controlled colors and the piecing looks wonderful. Congrats on being sooo close to your goal!

McIrish Annie said...

Keep up the good work!

Yvette said...

I love your blocks. I really need to get the rest of my blocks done, yours are looking too good.

Mary said...

I am working on my Blogger's BOM today. I need to get my CW out again. I only have about 20 made.

Janet O. said...

I have loved these blocks from the beginning--your color palette warms my heart. These are great additions, Port and Starboard being my favorite. : )

Deb A said...

Great job on the blocks. Love the fabrics.

Linda in Calif. said...

Good job getting these blocks done. I sure would like to get my setting blocks cut out and sewn from Barbara's last bow (block of the week) so that I could start in Sept too! It was so much fun last time.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. I still like that blue and brown color scheme you choose.

I had to check out the Quilt Block of the Week in recognition of the fight for women's rights. Thankfully that one is not till Sept, because I'm really, really tempted by that one too!