Monday, July 29, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Accidental Quilt

The "accidental quilt" is on my design wall today.
I have a lot of other projects I should be working on, but I can't leave this one alone! 
I'm coming to the end of the pile of HST's, so it won't grow too much larger than this. Now to finish off this top and think about a border.
To see what other quilters are working on in the middle of the summer, hop over to Patchwork Times.




Now I really have to stop playing with the design wall and get to work on my July UFO...only a couple more days to finish it up and meet my goal. I have the quilt pin basted, and the thread picked out... Isacord (red) in the bobbin and Aurifil (variegated) on the top.


Before I start machine quilting a big quilt, I give a little TLC to my old machine
...a new needle, thorough cleaning, new Magic Bobbin Washer, and lots of oil.
I'm thinking of some kind of a leaf theme for the quilting... I probably should nail down a more specific design before I start! 

19 comments:

Missy Shay said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your accidental quilt! I need to have accidents like this! LOL

Deanna W said...

Your accidental quilt is very soft looking..maybe a baby girl? I am thinking you could make this with all scraps instead of a line(think that is what you used). You are my hero with everything you have going on and you are still finishing UFO!! Kudos to you!!!

Kate said...

The Accidental Quilt is turning out to be quite a stunner. It would be hard to go work on something else with project up on the design wall.

Sue Daurio said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the accidental quilt. I have a number of hsts sitting around, I may give this one a try.

Dolores said...

It's funny how there are just some quilts that won't leave us alone. The accidental quilt looks great.

Darlene said...

I love, love, love your 'accidental quilt'. It's so sweet!

And, I have no doubt you'll meet your July UFO goal. :-)

Nann said...

That setting is called "Tents of Armageddon" -- at least, a quilt with that design was so named in one of Barbara Brackman's books.

Unplanned quilts come together so easily!

AnnieO said...

Very pretty accident, Kathy! And your UFO project plans are far enough along to let them leaf out (sorry, couldn't resist)
Enjoy!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how fun to be starting a new quilting project! It looks like a very colorful quilt top, so it will keep you happy with eye candy as you go :*) Sometimes the quilt tends to tell me how it wants to be quilted as I go along. Love your little hst's! I have a bunch of them growing too, so I'll look forward to seeing what you do with these :*)

Janet O. said...

That quilt is no accident--it was meant to be. It is lovely, Kathy!
Fun to be to the quilting stage on a project--mine stall at the point of basting. : )

Mary said...

Summertime Quilting fun on your wall and machine today. Have fun quilting leaves with verigated thread.

Ramona said...

I love your accidental quilt! I might have to make one on purpose. :)

Podunk Pretties said...

The happy accidents! dont you just love them! Great quilt!

Gari in AL said...

Your accidental quilt is so soft and sweet, perfect for a little, or not so little, girl.

Melissa said...

Love the HSTs! I see a beautiful quilt in your future. How do you like the magic bobbins? I just got some and I'm not sure I see a difference.

Rosa said...

Love your colorful accidental quilt is just beautiful!!.

Lesley said...

Your accidental quilt is stunning!

Lori said...

congratulations on the finish, your brothers a lucky man if he gets to keep the quilt.