Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Votes For Women blocks

I have finished a few more blocks for my Votes For Women project and am motivated to get caught up because these 49 block postings from Barbara Brackman will soon be completed. 
I gotta get a move on to catch up!




Here is block #36 Sunbonnet Sue...hand appliqued!!
I think the hat band makes the block look nicer, and if you don't look too closely, it's a nice block! LOL



Here is block #37 called "Nameless Star" but I know it as 'Sawtooth Star', which is one of my favorite blocks to sew. I used one my favorite paisley reproduction prints in the center. Pretty.






Block #38 is called Nonsense: Anatomy Lessons
What a funny blog post about the dangers of activity for women...including the "morbid effects" of treadling! I better watch myself when I am sewing on my treadle machine...who knew it was so dangerous! LOL



Block #39 is called Endless Stairs. I used up a lot of little scraps to piece this one.

The next few blocks look like they should be fairly easy to sew. Such fun!

8 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Your blocks look great! I love how you did Endless Stairs.
Thanks for motivating me to get mine at least printed. I have my bin out and I'm ready to kit up some blocks.

Mary Marcotte said...

I like these blocks. I don't really know anything about the QAL, but it looks interesting. I'd sure enjoy learning about the blocks and why they have such names.

Janet O. said...

Kudos to you, Kathy, for doing the applique block! Looks great!
Love the Metropolitan Fair star--and the anatomy lesson is a hoot! : )

Lesley said...

Beautiful blocks! Sue turned out great, and the scrappy stairs are a perfect addition to that block! Today is my day to play catch up too!

Missy Shay said...

I love your Sunbonnet Sue!

Deb A said...

Sue came out great! Just love how you did the stairs too. I've got the last two hand work ones... curves, Yikes. I need to toss a coin and see if I do last weeks or this week's first. Must can some tomato's first =).

Mary said...

Sue wasn't that hard now, was it? Lots of scraps in the stairs block. How many until you are caught up?

Kate said...

Love your Sunbonnet Sue block! I'm so far behind on these blocks I'm not sure I'll ever finish them up. You've done a great job of catching up.