Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happy Slow Stitching Sunday!

Photo from Sew We Quilt
It's Sunday!
Do you feel happy today?!?
Did you read the "Happy post" on the Sew We Quilt blog last week? 
Very inspiring and completely true (IMHO).
What will you do today to be happier?
It's not magic, and it's not "rocket science"!

Just take some stitches and think of the wonderful memories you have and the people in your life who love you. I guarantee your face will break into a smile and you will feel happy today.
And if you're still not sure, watch this video (*warning - you may need some tissues).

Who will you call?
What will you stitch?
Let's all try to make the world a happier place by working on ourselves.
This is what my happy stitching project is today. 

I am trying the glueing technique for appliqueing curves to make block #48 for my Votes for Women quilt. 
Wish me luck!
Link up your blog post below and share your happy stitching project.




11 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This has convinced me that I should put off mowing the grass today and that will make me much happier :)

Betty Lou said...

Thank you Kathy, today is going to be my Happy Day. With hubby on chemo and me facing surgery for the first time in my life, I need to change my out look and Be Happy. What's that old song from the 80's "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Today I am going to make an apron--------that always makes me happy to get in the sewing room.

Teresa in Music City said...

I haven't been able to do any embroidery at all this week :( But I sure did enjoy your "happy" post this morning!!! Have a Happy Sunday my friend!!!

julieQ said...

Great post, Kathy!! And oh, so true...I got called into work today (I was on call), and now they are sending me home. Yahoo!!!

Cathy said...

I'd call my grandma (if she were still alive). I think of her often when I sew. I hope I'm as much of a positive influence on my grandchildren and as much a comfort to them in their times of need.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I just got off the phone; thank you for this inspirational post today, Kathy! It has made all the difference, and my stiches are plentiful too! :)

Deb A said...

I think instead of bringing things to the recycle yard ( I keep forgetting to put it out on Tuesday nights!) I'll go jump in the pool with the kids and hubby. 95 degrees outside so the pool should feel nice. Some hand stitching is in the plans for the evening too! A perfect day.

Kate said...

I wasn't able to watch the video, I kept getting an error. But I've been enjoying just sitting in my sewing room watching the Sprint Cup race and stitching away. Hope you had a wonderful Sunday.

libbyquilter said...

thank you for hosting Kathy and for reminding me that i am in controll of my happiness.

:-)
libbyQ

Janet O. said...

Great post, Kathy. We do often have to make the decision to be happy. It isn't something we should leave to the whim of others, or to the chance of our circumstances.

AppleApricot Wen said...

Hi Kathy! I'm a bit late, because I only learned about this sweet event today on Libby's blog. Thank you for hosting :) Now I have to learn about your guidelines of this event here... I linked my project up today but not sure if I did it the right way. Please correct me if needed :)
Okay, I'm off, having a look at the wonderful projects of the others! And good luck with your glueing... looks quite challening to me...

Hugs, Wendy @ AppleApricot