Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Treadling on Tuesday

It has been a long time since I enjoyed some time with my scraps and my Singer treadle. We got reacquainted this past weekend, and I finished stitching 7 more strips for my treadle coin quilt
It was wonderfully soothing and pieceful. 
Miss Molly kept trying to divert my attention while I sewed, and I laughed when I noticed on this photo that she left her favorite toy right by the treadle! I think she has been feeling neglected of late, which I will remedy with long walks and romps in the backyard.

8 comments:

pcflamingo said...

Ha! My cat Tigger leaves me one of his toys on my bed or on the floor by the bed (or both) every night. Just in case I want to play in the middle of the night. A treadle is HIGH on my wish list. Very very high.

Betty Lou said...

Sounds so relaxing to treadle sew. Our pets do have a way to let us know when they want our attention.

Deb A said...

Sounds like Miss Molly wants some Kathy time! Glad you got some time to treadle this week. Your strips are looking good.

Sheila said...

What a sweet picture. And love how your scrappy strips are looking!
Miss Molly's toy front and center says it all. It's time for Miss Molly.

Janet O. said...

Simply repetitive and productive activity--sounds like good soul food. : )
I'm glad you have a treadle. That is something I have long coveted, and I think it would be a very therapeutic form of sewing.

Barb Neiwert said...

Peaceful, indeed!

margaret said...

I do like the look of the patches you are doing. The machine takes me back to my childhood a long time ago we had a Frister and Rossman treadle machine, I was not happy when I found out Dad had got rid of it, it was much better than the singer electric one I had.

Elly D said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I have a treadle just like yours :) but I need to get it spruced up and in working order.