Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lucky Day at the Quilt Show

I attended the Dufferin Piecemakers quilt show on Sunday and what fun it was to see some old friends and faithful blog readers. The quilts at the show were amazing, and we spent almost the entire 6 hours that the show was open just walking around, looking at quilts and visiting the 15 vendor booths. If quilt shows are going to be this amazing, and I have to be on my feet for that long, I'm going to have to start working out!
I was happy to see a wide variety of hand and machine quilting, all sizes of quilts, using a huge variety of techniques and fabrics. You know it's a wonderful display of quilts when it is impossible to pick your favorite!


One of the best things about the day was my great luck with the mini quilt raffle.
I bought 6 raffle tickets, and won 3 draws!  

These are the lovely quilts that came home with me!
That is pretty good luck, don't you think?!?!
But to top that, I met a lovely quilter at the show that I have not seen for a few years and she gifted me with a pattern she knew I would enjoy called "A Quilter's Dream" by Crab-apple Hill.
Thank you so much Debbie for the gift and the encouragement. I really look forward to stitching this!
I was feeling so darn lucky, I thought that I must buy myself a lottery ticket. But I have never done that before, so my trusty friend Barb had to tell me where to go, and what to ask for. 
And then yet another great thing happened... the lottery ticket seller asked me if I was over 30 years old! I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants - like old ladies sometimes do! 
So, with my new found amazing luck, I can't wait to see what this week holds! 

15 comments:

Deb A said...

If we don't hear from you we know you won the lottery, are on a beach somewhere stitching away in the sun! Congrats on all the wins you lucky duck.

Teresa Rawson said...

Congrats on your mini quilt explosive winning! Several years ago, in a different state, I won the annual quilt raffle, the monthly door prize, AND a prize for winning a round of QUILT-O. I bought a Texas lottery ticket on the way home (no win). I had to ask how to do it...it was quite embarrassing, as there were other people standing around, LOL. I miss a week or so of reading your blog and just look at all the lovely things you've been up to! I love the Carrie Nation blocks and your pumpkin seeds.

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Ellen said...

Lucky for you to have such an amazing day!

Sheila said...

Wow. Lucky you! You are on a roll.

Bonnie said...

Now keep that luck going! Read a few blogs and enter some drawings. I've had quite a few successful blog winnings. Bit, you got to enter to win. On the other hand I've never entered a lottery drawing.

Deanna W said...

I think it is Karma!!! What goes around comes around and you are due! Congrats on the win and I know from experience that Barb knows what she is doing!! lol

Janet O. said...

So I gather from the photo of the pattern that a quilter's dream is to win the lottery? *LOL*
Congrats on the lucky streak! Cute little quilts that followed you home. : )

Vivian said...

It's definitely time to buy a lottery ticket, with your run of luck with those adorable little quilts. Lucky you !!
The clerk asking about your age is just too funny. Besides being funny, that would definitely brighten one's day. Every one of us "mature" ladies would love to hear that once.

Mary said...

Great little quilts to add to your collection. How much were the chances to Win them? Our mini quilts were silent Auctioned. I lost the bids on the two I bid on. It's a great way to make $$ for the Festival and people can have quilts by the more famous quilters in our area.

Marei said...

I'm rubbing up against my computer screen hoping some of your good luck wears off on me! Congrats on all your wins.....and I've got my fingers crossed that your lottery ticket is a winner, too. $1.00 counts as a win, right?

Teresa in Music City said...

I love your little quilt wins - especially the heart. Imagine winning three of them - I would go buy a lottery ticket too!!! Hahaha!!! My husband once got a "hole-in-one" on the golf course at almost the same moment that one of our grandsons was being born. His friends all told him it was his lucky day and he needed to buy a lottery ticket - he didn't win anything but he still says it was one of the luckiest days of his life :*)

margaret said...

so lucky to win those mini quilts and sounds like a great show and day out, even if you nearly had an accident

Barb Neiwert said...

Score! Made the day all that more fun.

Kate said...

You made out like a bandit. Very fun mini's!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What cute little quilts you came home with. Hope you win the other lottery, too. Cute pattern, too. Love that sewing machine embroidery.