Saturday, October 19, 2013

Scrappy Saturday - Black

I have been sorting through my black scraps this week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The biggest challenge for me in using up scraps is getting them into useable sizes for specific projects.


You have no idea how long it took me to organize this!

There are piles of cut pieces ready for several different projects - a finished pumpkin seed block plus 2 more prepared for hand applique, a pile of leader/ender 3" spool blocks, some 1" strips for Omigosh, and some pieces for Carrie Nation blocks. That's a lot of black and white fun just waiting for me to sew my way through this month!


This week I sewed three Carrie Nation blocks and finished a red one from August, and liked them so much I am going to get them all out and put them on the design wall for Monday's post.
Check out more blog postings at SoScrappy to see what other quilters are making with their black scraps this month .

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

It really does take some time to find just the right project for each little bit, but it is SO satisfying to see the finished product. Your blocks are looking just adorable.

Kate said...

Love the Carrie Nation blocks. I keep telling myself that I need to get handle on my scraps, but it's too much fun to just sew and let the scraps fall where they may.

beaquilter said...

uhhh these look lovely, I need a few scrappy project... time to play with EQ!

Katie Z. said...

I love the Carrie Nation blocks. I think that's going on my list for a scrappy quilt for next year!

Janet O. said...

Black and white have such a dramatic effect. I am going to love seeing what you create this month--well, I love every month. This month will just have more drama! : )

Sheila said...

Beautiful fabrics and blocks. I must try it sometime. Is that a free pattern on the internet?

Angie said...

I love seeing all your black scrappy inspiration! I have not even tapped into my black & white fabrics, but I'm keeping tabs on all your ideas!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I like the Carrie Nation blocks. Black is such a hard color--I just had so little 30's black.

Edith said...

Wow, have you been productive! A whole lot of black and white loveliness happening here.

Julie in GA said...

You have all your parts prepped and ready to crank out a bunch of blocks when you have time to sew. Can't wait to see them all stitched up!

Mary said...

Your Black and white blocks are so scrappy. Love the varied backgrounds- hidden things in there. Nice to have a Scrappy day every week.

margaret said...

can`t wait till I have been quilting long enough to have built up lots and lots of scraps, it is so good to see what you create with yours.

Jill said...

Your pumpkin seeds are striking!

Cathy said...

All looks so yummy. I might have to make some of those Carrie Nation blocks! Alone they don't look like much but put together...love 'em.