Saturday, October 26, 2013

Scrappy Saturday



I have made a bit of progress on sewing my 1" black scraps this week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am sewing the blocks on my little white Singer Featherweight, which does a great job of making these tiny blocks for my Omigosh quilt. (You can see my great Canadian Fall quilt hanging on the wall in the background of this photo. It was a row-along project with a group of quilting friends from about 15 years ago. I enjoy hanging it up every fall!)




I decided to make the tiny 9 patch block backgrounds all scrappy neutrals, and thing it's working well so far. Black is an easy colour to work with in these blocks because of the contrast. 
To see what other scrappy quilters are stitching with their black scraps, hop over to SoScrappy.

18 comments:

Kate said...

Great way to use up black scraps. The blocks look great.

Lesley said...

Love those little 9-patch blocks with the blacks and neutrals! Perfect combination!

Mary said...

Yep Lot's of contrast and fun scrappy way to use up those black on white neutrals as Bonnie calls them... Love to see you using your new TOY!

Janet O. said...

How appropriate to sew your black and white scraps on your black and white machine! Looking good.
I really like the Canadian Fall quilt!

Angie said...

Ohmygosh - the black and neutrals look great together!

Kindred Quilts said...

Love the black and neutral blocks... I marvel at how much you get done!!!

Barb said...

I love the black scraps...just awesome.

Ellen said...

I think your tiny 9 patches look adorable!

Wendy said...

Those tiny blocks are looking great so far.

Edith said...

Very nice, some cute fabrics in there.

Julie in GA said...

Your black & neutral blocks look amazing together!

Deb A said...

Looking good. Great contrast and a lovely quilt in progress.

margaret said...

how you sew so many tiny pieces together is just wonderful you must have great patience

sara said...

Ohh!Very very nice!!

soscrappy said...

I do like the scrappy backgrounds. I think I will finish mine the same way. If only I could stop making the nine patches for long enough to sew some together!

Sheila said...

Love your blocks. So many tiny blocks. Wow!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love those mini 9 patches and your fall wall quilt is spectacular!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the little nine patches and the white featherweight.