Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby Quilt Finished


A universal truth = every new baby needs it's own quilt.
My daughter's new fur baby needed me to produce a jiffy quick quilt. I found some perfect fabric in my flannel scraps bin which was leftover from a flannel dog quilt I made for my nephew many years ago.  Isn't it just perfect for a new fur baby?!?!




I just pieced the scraps, used the pillowcase method  to join the layers, and did two lines of SITD quilting.  
Easy peasy baby quilt! 

OMG Max is so sweet!
I am a proud puppy Grandma!



This is the adorable backing I found in the flannel scraps - snuggly bears for this little fluffy bear cub.


11 comments:

Deanna W said...

Too cute. I have made my share of doggie baby quilts too!!
Found out yesterday...I have a quilt emergency..want to finish this UFO but have absolutely NO black for binding!! Oh well think I can find another UFO to work on!! haha

Ellen said...

He is adorable and it looks like he is really enjoying his new quilt.

Kate said...

Such a cutie!

Betty Lou said...

So cute, he will stay so snuggly warm in his new quilt.

Judy D in WA said...

OMG, he is so stinkin' cute! Makes me want to find one of my very one. Nice blankie Grandma!

Janet O. said...

Methinks someone is terribly smitten with their new grandpuppy!
So cute--what breed?
You did a good job creating an appropriate, quick puppy quilt!

Bonnie said...

You've done very good Grammy! Is the blankie to stay at your house or go to his own house? I love the little dogs in the flannel. Yes, what breed? Enjoy him.

Barb in Mi said...

Cute quilt - and dog! Good luck with getting your Easy Street into its final stages: you can do it! And then we are all 'allowed' to start Bonnie's next mystery ;-)

Happy Turtle said...

Awww... that is the cutest thing!
Carol

margaret said...

looks like the little one loves his new quilt

Deb A said...

That little one is way too cute!