Saturday, November 30, 2013

Scrappy Saturday - Brown

The colour this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is brown. I sewed up some scraps into brown blocks but didn't make as much progress as I had hoped. Here are my brown spool blocks so far. 
I did do a lot of machine quilting on two quilts with lots of brown... does that count?! One was for a friend (see her brown quilt here) and one was my UFO of the month, which is completely done, done, and DONE! 
Hop over to SoScrappy to see what other folks are sewing with their brown scraps.

11 comments:

Deb A said...

I'd say that count! Great job with the brown's this month. Have you started cutting for the mystery? I made one orange and one cream block....186 blocks to go!

soscrappy said...

I think it definitely counts! Glad you made some brown progress.

Mary said...

I would count anything Brown! I'm stitching Blues and Neutrals- Imagine that! I'm just one of the MANY doing that today. Bonnie fans all sewing together miles apart.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh you go girl!!! You finished RRCB? Great finish!!!! Love your little brown blocks - they are so rich and warm :)

Kate said...

The spool blocks look great. You'll have December to get more done.

Katie Z. said...

Good work!

Julie in GA said...

Your spool blocks look great, and I think any other projects you worked on with brown definitely count!

Ellen said...

Great blocks...you have a lot more going on with your browns this week than I do. I haven't had time to play with my brown scraps this week at all!

scraphappy said...

Great start on the brown.

Missy Shay said...

You can say they are wooden spools since they are brown!

Cathy said...

Oh, I think a quilt with just brown spools like yours would be yummy!