Saturday, November 01, 2014

Scrappy Saturday

The RSC'ers have been busy sewing up their dark scraps in the month of October. I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped, but did make some progress.
The week I have been cutting some pumpkin seed blocks to hand applique. I haven't even finished the orange seed blocks yet from last month :)
Oh well, progress is still being made!


This is the Leaves Galore ruler I have been using with this project and it is awesome!
Now that a new month is here it is time to move onto another scrap bin, which this month will be light blue.
Hop over to SoScrappy to see what the scrappers are up to!

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

Even slow progress is good. Especially with applique, having blocks prepped makes it easier to get them done as time allows.

Karen said...

This reminds me that I was cutting some wool seeds for a mat and need to get back to the project.

Mary said...

Looks like you are marking the arcs for your seeds. Good thinking. The light blue will be nice to see this month. I've been in a Blue mood all year.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never seen that ruler before - of course I have no quilt shop - but hadn't seen anyone post it either. Interesting looking!

Kate said...

Your brown seed blocks look great! I'm behind too, so you aren't alone there.

Chantal said...

What an interesting ruler! Pumpkin seeds look good. Mine are in the oven getting roasted :D. Enjoy!

Nell's Quilts said...

Kathy, with all the other quilting you've done it's no wonder pumpkin seeds have been waiting for action. Sunday will be a perfect day to begin stitching them again - Slow Sunday Stitching. That's a cool ruler for making the arcs on the pumpkin seeds.

AnnieO said...

That is a cool tool! Your scraps sure find good homes :)

Janet O. said...

I admire your consistency with your RSC projects. Sure I would have given up by now, but you have some great quilts in the making!

Deb A said...

Having them all prepped is the key. They can always be a take with you project.

Rebecca in AK said...

I always love your Pumpkin Seed blocks!

Teresa in Music City said...

Those blocks are just as lovely in brown as in the brighter colors! And I love that ruler - isn't it sew helpful????