Saturday, May 30, 2015

Scrappy Saturday

All the green pumpkin seeds that I cut last weekend were appliqued this week. I had some fun with them on the design wall, which lead to lots of border ideas for this quilt using leftover blocks.
To see the last green scrappy posting for the month, hop over to SoScrappy. I am looking forward to getting out the blue scraps for June's adventures.

As has been my tradition for many years, today I will be attending the annual Mennonite Quilt Auction, which raises money for international relief efforts. Over 200 quilts will be auctioned, and my little group's quilt is #134 in the catalogue. If you are there, come say hi to me... just look for the person in the crowd who is hand stitching!

15 comments:

scraphappy said...

Hand stitching at a quilt show sounds like a perfect way to spend a day. The greens look just like leaves on a vine.

Julierose said...

Your pumpkin seeds are so cute in greens...have fun at MQA...hugs, Julierose

Deanna W said...

Have a slice of pie and a cream bun thingy for me!!!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love those pumpkin seeds and I can see them being used in a border. Have a nice time at the auction!

Marly said...

I'm sure your hand-stitching will generate a lot of interest. Your group's sunshine quilt is very cheerful; I hope it also gets a lot of interest.

Scrappy quilter said...

I loved the MCC auction when we lived in Winnipeg. I do miss it!

Teresa in Music City said...

What a wonderful day to look forward to! Hand stitching at a quilt show - fun!!!

gayle said...

Happy stitching! I hope your group's quilt raises lots of money. Hurray for Sunshine!

Sheila said...

Beautiful needle work. Hope your group's quilt does well. Have a good time, dear.

Magpie Sue said...

I bet those quilt auctions are wonderful and inspiring to attend. Have a great time!

Kate said...

Those would make a very nice border. Enjoy the auction.

Nell's Quilts said...

Hope it was a good crowd at the auction and the rain didn't keep folks away. A great day for hand stitching.

LA Paylor said...

orange peel is on my list to make
LeeAnna

Cathy said...

I just want to add a stem and some flowers to those for some reason!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the variety of greens AND the different background fabrics.