Friday, July 17, 2015

Good news Friday!

From CQA
I have some great news that I can share today... I was accepted as an instructor at Quilt Canada 2016! The announcement was made on the CQA facebook page so now the cat is out of the bag! I will be teaching "Intuitive Beading on Quilts" and am so excited that I don't know how I will ever wait until next June!
Start saving your pennies (well, we don't have pennies anymore in Canada, so save your nickels) and mark your calendars for June 15 to 18 next year. It's in Toronto and I promise you it will be a great quilting event to attend!

Are you tired of hearing about (but not seeing) my scrap squad quilt? The big reveal is next week, so only a couple more days to wait.
I have been machine quilting this week, using a large stipple design. It's going to be a sofa quilt, and will be well used, so I'm not doing anything fancy for the quilting. Almost done.

Another exciting thing happening today is that I am on my way to Michigan to learn how to convert an electric sewing machine to a people powered sewing machine. This is something I have wanted to learn for so long, and now I have the opportunity to do it! Carpe Diem, right? 
This is my 1920's Federation treadle head machine that I am converting to a hand crank machine. I am also taking another machine to convert. The "how to" instructions are here, but are a little hard for me to understand, so now is my chance to learn from the Treadle On experts in person.
Stay tuned for a report when I get back from this whirlwind trip...

24 comments:

KaHolly said...

Congratulations! I'm very excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from me too! I would love to come but summers are too busy for me to get away. I want to hear all the details though. Blessings, Gretchen

The Cozy Quilter said...

wonderful news!!!!

Kate said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a very fun opportunity.

scraphappy said...

What fabulous news. Such an exciting opportunity your passion.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations! Take time to enjoy at least a little of Michigan 's summer scenery (i grew up there).

Deb A said...

Congrats and save travels to you.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm headed there in a few minutes. I'll get there early, so I can check out some of the thrift stores before heading to Sharon's. See you soon! Drive safely!

Deanna W said...

OMG and you kept it a secret through the weekend!!Congrats friend..sounds like an exciting opportunity!!

Lesley said...

Congratulations on being asked to teach at Quilt Canada! Loving what I see of your Scrap Squad quilt. Have fun learning!

Judy D in WA said...

WhooHoo and Congratulations! That is a big secret to keep! I can't wait to hear about converting your machine! What a great project.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations! HOw exciting. And you now get to meet Cheryl and her wonderful group - always fascinated with group when she posts up their meets.

Dresden Quilter said...

Congratulations! You will be wonderful!

Kathy MacKie said...

Congratulations, well deserved honour and also have fun in Michigan.

Janet O. said...

Wow--great honor! Congrats!
I would love a hand crank machine. How cool that you will be learning out to do that. : )

Lisa J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa J. said...

O.K. Third time is a charm I hope , I'm on a new computer and it does weird things sometimes.
I'm so excited that you will be teaching at Quilt Canada Kathy. That's such exciting news.

AnnieO said...

Congrats on your new gig! I'm sure you'll be an inspiration to your students. Enjoy your conversion class--I would be going the opposite way, treadle to power, lol!

Linda said...

Congratulations! So fabulous that you will be teaching at Quilt Canada.

Jo said...

Great achievement... I'm sure you can wait. It will go fast

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congratulations! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congratulations! :)

Kevin the Quilter said...

Congrats on your instructing gig! Your treadle head is beautiful, and can't wait to see it turned into a hand crank! Your dog is too cute!