Friday, July 24, 2015

Scrap Squad Quilt #3

Today is the big reveal of my scrap squad quilt over at the Quiltmaker blog, where you can read all the details about the creative process.
The biggest surprise for me when  making this quilt was how much I disliked it when I was sewing the rows together, and then how much I liked it when it was done! My feelings went from one extreme to the other, and that has never  happened to me before when making a quilt.
The thing about this quilt is that the farther away from it you are, the better it looks. It's true. 
And that's weird, right?
Anyway, it used up almost all of my Kansas Troubles fabric scraps and emptied an entire tote bin.
You know what that means?
I'm going fabric shopping!
I also want to announce the winner of the Cozy Afternoon giveaway from Jacquelynne. There were 89 comments on that post, and the random number generator picked #39, which is Margaret! Congrats to you Margaret, and check your email because the patterns will be emailed directly to you.
Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

SandraC said...

Nice job on the quilt! Your choice of fabrics really show off the secondary designs!

SandraC said...

Nice job on the quilt! Your choice of fabrics really show off the secondary designs!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wonderful way to use up all that Kansas troubles fabric...Do you really need an excuse to go fabric shopping?????
I have som KT fabric in my stash...would you like me to send you some???

Flickenstichlerin said...

That is a beauty Kathy,
congratulations on this gorgeous finish.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That was a great article and that quilt certainly is a swan! Just gorgeous!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That was a great article and that quilt certainly is a swan! Just gorgeous!

scraphappy said...

I can see how this one would not look as great close up. That distance shot though -- wow! The color placement with the reds and the lights really makes the design pop. Great work powering through. Maybe your dislike of the quilt was more about the deadline than about the fabric?

Deanna W said...

It does look great and what a wonderful background too!! haha
The colours blend so well and the design just pops!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I saw you over on the squad report and KT fabric can look a 'muddle' as you go, but oh so pretty once it all is together. This is just awesome!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You did a nice article on the Quiltmaker blog. I've had quilts that I've like the block, but, didn't like it when they were all put together. I don't EQ, I use graph paper to design my quilts, and color pencils to check the colors. Not the best, but, it works pretty well.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sorry to hear that you had such a love-hate relationship with this quilt. At least, you ended up on good terms! I think it is simply stunning. Nice work!

margaret said...

your scrap quilt looks wonderful and thanks for making me a winner! the patterns have been downloaded many thanks again

moosecraft said...

Wow! That's a beautiful quilt!

Kevin the Quilter said...

It certainly is a lovely finish! Congrats for clearing so much scrap! Can't wait to see what you buy next! LOL

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That quilt ... what can I say? It's absolutely SPECTACULAR! And while I love KT fabrics, I think that this quilt would be breathtaking in any fabric line.

Kate said...

I've had the hate it then love it thing happen once. It's a struggle to finish and then you are so glad you did. Congrats on another beautiful scrap squad quilt.