Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Remembering

Today is Remembrance Day in Canada. We take a pause from our regular lives to honour the people who have given their lives in protecting our country, and in peacekeeping efforts around the world. Freedom is not free.
In addition to remembering how lucky I am to belong to a loving family, a safe community, and a free country, I am also feeling so thankful today for my quilt guild. 
I was the speaker at the meeting last night and was so emotional I thought I might cry. Here they are, with their positive energy and smiling faces, waiting to see some of my quilts and hear my lecture.  I was overwhelmed with memories of my fellow quilters who have taught, supported, and encouraged me in so many ways over the past 20+ years. Truly my life would not be what it is today without them. I'm even getting choked up as I write this. They have shared with me creative inspiration, encouraged my confidence in who I am as a quilter and as a person, and have given me wonderful opportunities to travel and to teach.  So today I also honour these amazing people who have so loving influenced my life. 
Here's a short clip from Wicked which expresses so well how I feel today. BTW I am represented by Elphaba - the green one!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

I'm glad your presentation was a success, Kathy.
Love the clip you shared. I have never seen "Wicked", but have heard that song many times and I LOVE it!

Kyle said...

What a wonderful thought for today and every day.

Kris said...

Wonderful post, Kathy!!

Deb A said...

Great post today! I must Thank You! You have encouraged me in so many ways and I truly am grateful to call you one of my blogging friends =)

Deanna W said...

This is most definitely a two way street. You have given and shared with us too. Through other quilty friends I met you and that too was a great day! Guilds are full of welcoming ladies even a few of those faces I recognize. You make it easy to be your friend and Northern Blog Stalker!!

AnnieO said...

What a thrill to be a presenter--even if it makes your knees shake :) A good remembrance day to you.

Kristin said...

Congratulations on your presentation!! Think of it as paying it forward to all of the newer quilters in your group. :)

Kate said...

Sounds like you've got some wonderful mentors. Great post.