Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Quilt Canada 2016 is Coming!

Quilt Canada

Have you registered to attend Quilt Canada yet? It is being held June 15 -18 in Toronto, Ontario. I am so excited that it is only about an hour drive for me, so I can go to events and classes every day and sleep at home.




Adding to my excitement is that I am teaching a hand beading class! There are a ton of long arm classes and machine quilting classes on the list of classes, but only 2 hand stitching classes, which are unfortunately both scheduled for the same day. If you want to take a class from me to learn "Intuitive Hand Beading" it is scheduled for Saturday June 18th. I would love to meet you, so take the day off and come to Toronto to learn about hand work! Check out the class listing here.


One of the highlights for me will be attending a lecture by Jane Sassaman
It's called "Quilter's Nite Out"! Hope to see you there!

10 comments:

Julierose said...

WOw what a list of workshops--looks like a wonderful event--congrats on your teaching one! Hugs, Julieose

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

How exciting. Sounds like so much fun - I would much rather do that than the family camping trip we have planned for that weekend.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

If I lived near by I would be there in a flash - have fun!

allthingzsewn said...

So happy for ou to ee to be pat of this. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Deanna W said...

So excited for you. I see Ruth Kennedy will be there too. She is a guest speaker at our guild in May. I have seen her in St. Jacobs too. Not sure I will make CQA as I might be on retreat sewing.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun teaching the class.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh what fun! I will live vicariously through your report on this amazing event! I am so excited for you.

Mary said...

FUN< you'll be in great company it seems! Have a great time. too far away for me. My June calendar is full.

Kate said...

Sounds like a very fun set of events. Wish I could take your class, but Canada is a bit off the beaten path for me. Hope you get lots of great students signed up.

Unknown said...

Hi, Kathy. I imagine you are excited to plan for your Qult Canada class.
Did you see Cheryl Arkison's latest post about the improvised sewing machine quilt. I remember that light bulb moment very clearly in her 2014 Improvisation class when that idea started percolating. That was my first Quilt Canada and one of my first quilting activities after retirement so it was all very special to me.
Sorry to run on. Your post about Quilt Canada 2016 has started me reminiscing. See you there.