Friday, February 19, 2016

Circa 2016

Last Friday the centre medallion layout was posted for Circa 2016. I had all the blocks made, so I just had to figure out a setting fabric. Grey was recommended, but I am tired of grey right now, so I decided to use a neutral background kind of fabric. 

But when all those striped fabrics were in there, it was a little much. My friend Sue loaned me a civil war repro print that worked perfectly in the centre 9 squares. 
Are you wondering what the next step will be in this fun mystery quilt? Me too! I'm hopping over to Temecula to check it out!

16 comments:

Ellen said...

Looking good Kathy! The fabric from your friend really does work perfectly. Friends are the best!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I'm enjoying watching this come together - very pretty so far :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It looks wonderful! :)

Sarah said...

Looking good, really great fabrics too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the layout and the colors

Flickenstichlerin said...

Love your color choices, this will turn out very pretty.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Cathy said...

I love your quilt. I'm almost done with mine. Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I didn't play with this one, but I just love your fabrics and the center setting prints make the little blocks pop right out. It was a good 'eye rest'.

Mary said...

It's nice to share...I like the lighter setting fabrics. I might have some CW grey somewhere. Glad you posted. I almost forgot to check on what is next with this one. I was busy playing with my OMG.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your neutral background is just right, love the mix of the stripes in the setting triangles with the small print in the squares.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your mystery quilt is coming along so beautiful!

Julierose said...

this is coming along so beautifully...I love your background...hugs, Julierose

Lesley said...

Love this so much! Sweet!

Karen said...

I like the stripe shirting you used in the central part of the block. You got the stripes all going the same direction!

Kate said...

This mystery is coming along beautifully!

Stephie said...

This is so lovely Kathy! Your qst's are perfect - I've been wrestling with some hst's these past couple of days and I'm not happy!!!