Friday, March 25, 2016

Circa 2016 Update



It's time for the weekly posting of my most recently sewn Circa 2016 sewalong blocks. These blocks are kind of boring, but what is exciting is that my friend Sandy is also doing the Temecula sewalong, and when she was here for FNSI last week, she brought her centre medallion to show. I apologize for the bad lighting on these photos, but you get the idea.
Here is her red version beside my civil war reproduction version. So fun!
They are cousin quilts! 



Since we made the medallion centres, we have made 12 more 3" blocks but we don't know how they are going to be connected to the medallion. That's the fun and adventure of sewing a mystery quilt.


Hop over to Temecula to see the next step. 
I love Fridays!


6 comments:

Lesley said...

Love seeing all your blocks! The centre is beautiful and so nice to see both your versions so far!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice blocks!! I really like the one on the right.

Janet O. said...

Two great center medallions--curious to see where it will go from here.

Sophie Zaugg said...

Really interesting to see both versions !

Stephie said...

I love your version Kathy, although I like the red one too, there's just something about the tiny prints that bring it alive for me :) They're both going to be great quilts.

Kate said...

It's always fun to see the same quilt with different fabrics. Both of these look great.