Saturday, July 02, 2016

Scrappy Saturday

There wasn't much time for sewing scraps this week due to finishing up a long time UFO, and preparing for and celebrating Canada Day. But I did manage to finish the aqua month with one more wonky star block and one more Omigosh double 9 patch block. Isn't that a cute fabric scrap for the star block centre? 
I am looking forward to seeing what the colour will be for July and digging into those scraps. To see more Rainbow Scrap Challenge postings, hop over to the link up at SoScrappy.

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love the owl! Finishing off a UFO is always cause for celebration. On to hot pink for the month of July

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't realize you were doing the OMG quilt - that was on my list but I kind of changed my mind over time

Karen said...

I like the owl in the middle of the star. The aqua color range is very fresh looking.

Sarah said...

I too love Aqua and that owl in the middle is very cute!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Canada Day!! I'm SEW glad that you found time to make a couple of blocks. They are both adorable!!

Ivani said...

the star looks good with that cute owl.

Janet O. said...

Cute, cute owlie in your block! : )

Pam said...

I love it when quilters use unexpected bits of fabric in their blocks as you did with the cute owl. it is witty!

Marie said...

Love your blocks Kathy - great colours.

Kate said...

Love that owl! Very fun blocks.

Susan said...

Wonderful scrap users! Yes, I do like the owl in the middle. Those are both great patterns for scrap use-it-up projects.

Lisa said...

I'm so pleased to find a wonky star buddy on the RSC journey. Your fabrics are very pretty. Cool and calm. The OMG blocks are really small aren't they?