Sunday, May 27, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the hand stitching party! Sunday is finally here and you know what that means... it's time for some relaxing hand stitching!
I have finished 2 quilts in the last 2 weeks (Make a Wish and Tied up in Knots), and stitching those bindings provided me with many hours of hand stitching enjoyment. 
I have also been working on some hand embroidery. Here is my most recently finished embroidered basket block for the Gail Pan "i Stitch" club. I stitched this on the GO train to and from Toronto and it was very helpful in calming me down a wee bit while travelling to and from the big city.
So far this has been a mystery project, but next month Gail will send us a layout idea. I haven't trimmed any of my embroidered blocks yet, waiting to decide what I'm going to do with them. Today I will be tracing a couple of new patterns to stitch this week.

What are you working on? Link up your hand stitching project below and share your progress with us.
Blogger has been having a few issues this week, so I do hope you will be able to easily post comments and linkups.


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   



10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Enjoy your embroidery this afternoon.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your two finishes this week were awesome and this embroidery is always fun to see :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Traveling here so not trying to link up - WiFi is too crappy for that! Just wanted to say I love the quilt finish and I will be hand stitching on this trip not just Sunday :) all I brought was hand stitching to work on for a month in between visiting and seeing things -

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love stitching on the train too! I love each and everyone of the Gail Pan embroideries you have shown us! How many are in the entire project? You have had a very productive week.

Kathy S. said...

Love the simplicity of the flowers! Sew cute!

Ivani said...

The 2 quilts are gorgeous. Congrats !!!
The basket embroidery is simple and so pretty.
Have a great Sunday and relax.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We used the go train last year between Toronto and Niagara Falls on our holiday...very convenient. These embroideries are so sweet and very tempting.

Birthe Marie said...

Very cute embroidery! :-)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your little stitchery is so cute--looking forward to how it will be set!

Kate said...

Hope you get in lots of relaxing stitching in this week.